Cafe Napoleon (CLOSED)


Tasty Pork Chops

Today, while riding my bike along Main St., I decided to stop at Cafe Napoleon, a soul food joint that's a couple of doors down from the Easy-Way market. It was nothing more than a whim on my part, although I had a good feeling about it. The restaurant offers the typical soul food staples such as fried chicken, fried catfish, fried pork chops, collard greens and corn bread. Because I wasn't that hungry, I decided to go with the lunch plate of one pork chop with cabbage and steak fries.
It didn't take long for my order to come out, and it was sizzling hot. The pork chop itself wasn't thick (only about a ¼") and was about a quarter of a pound, but what it lacked in size was made up in taste. The pork chop was nicely seasoned, and not too breaded and greasy. Also, the meat was well tenderized, so eating it was extremely delightful, especially when eaten with cabbage. My only regret (other than not discovering this restaurant until now) was not getting the second pork chop.
Overall, I really enjoyed my meal and if everything else on Cafe Napoleon's menu is just as good, I will definitely become a regular. Speaking of that, I'm surprised that none of my Downtown friends have mentioned this place. Granted, it is not as swanky as many of the restaurants in the area, but it is a nice, clean place that has friendly people serving good food. Hopefully more people (through blogs such as I Love Memphis and Memphis Que) will take notice. I feel it deserves it.

Post a Comment

0 Comments